Manslaughter and Homicide Defense Attorney in Boise, Idaho
These charges are arguably the most serious you can face, and the legal system can be highly impersonal towards the accused. These types of cases are high profile in Idaho and those accused are often judged by the public before ever getting a chance to defend themselves in court. Idaho also allows the prosecution to seek the death penalty. If you or someone you love is facing a manslaughter or homicide charge, you deserve to partner with an attorney with extensive courtroom experience and a dedication to upholding your constitutional rights.
What’s the Difference Between Manslaughter and Murder?
Homicide is the unlawful killing of another person. Idaho categorizes two possible charges for homicide: manslaughter and murder.
Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of another person, embryo, or fetus without malice. There are three types. Idaho Code §18-4006
Voluntary – upon a sudden quarrel or heat of passion
- Fine of up to $15,000 and/or up to 15 years in prison
Involuntary – attempt to commit a reckless or unlawful act that led to the death of another person
- Fine of up to $10,000 and/or 10 years in prison
Vehicular – Operation of a vehicle was the main factor in the cause of death of another person
- Depending on the circumstances, the penalty can be up to $15,000 and 15 years in prison.
- Murder in the 1st degree
- The most serious charge.
- Involves things like torture, poison, or revenge.
- Any murder of any police officer, executive officer, officer of the court, fireman, judicial officer or prosecuting attorney.
- Punishable by death or life in prison.
- Murder in the 2nd degree
- All other types of murder.
- Punishable by a minimum of ten years in prison and can be increased to a life sentence.
Battery (Idaho Code §18-904)
- Fines up to $1,000 and/or up to 6 months in county jail
- If a battery is committed against a pregnant woman and the alleged batterer knows this, the penalty is a fine up $1,000 and up to one year in county jail
You have the right to the best possible defense, and an attorney who can level the playing field against the power of the government.
Call to speak with us, We CAN Help.
A manslaughter or murder charge is life changing even before you step into the courtroom. Don’t take chances with your freedom. Michael has over 15 years of experience and knows the courtroom inside and out. You deserve an attorney who is invested in you and will provide you an aggressive defense.
Facing Manslaughter or Murder Charges and want to speak with an attorney?
Call or use this form to schedule a FREE consultation with Michael to discuss the details of your case.
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Learn how Michael’s extensive experience can be used to your advantage.
Discover how you can fight charges brought against you.
Take action now to protect your rights.
*Your privacy is very important to us. We will only use your information to contact you back, we will NEVER sell or distribute your information.